In the spring of 1944, an Anti-tank ditch was dug on the eastside of the Fortress Hanstholm. The anti-tank ditch was ca. 4 m wide and ca. 2,5 m deep. The purpose of the ditch was to make the terrain impassable for tanks.
The anti-tank ditch ran from the south slope of the foreland to its north slope, ca. 2 km.
After the war, the Anti-tank ditch was filled in, and it is now only visible to the extreme north, southeast of the Anti-tank wall (No. 22).