Electricity plant

Electricity plant

The powerhouse bunker was meant for providing the battery with current, if the supply from civilian grids should be cut off.

The bunker had the German number 1100 MZ; the walls and ceilings were 1 m thick. Constructing the bunker began in the summer of 1941. In March 1942 it was all in all finished; however, in May 1942 the large generator had not yet been delivered.

The bunker contains a machine room, a room for fuel, a room for cooling water and a ventilation room. Moreover, the bunker had accommodation for three men.

In the bunker there was a 200 h.p. diesel generator.

Floor plan, 1947.